Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Restyle



I love finding things around my house that need a new home. I also love antique and thrift shopping. This morning was my weekly morning out alone. My sister watches the kids and I go to a coffee shop to write and often stop by a shop or two. This morning I saw that the local antique store is going out of business and everything is on sale. I went in and found a southwest wool rug, an industrial pendant lamp, a woven basket, a black walnut bowl, a Windsor chair, and a midcentury wire shelf for very minimal cost. 

I had also been eyeing the African woven market baskets at Tolt Yarn & Wool in Carnation, so when I went to pick up chicken feed in Fall City yesterday I stopped in and snagged one. I love it so much. 

Amidst the monotony of dishes, laundry, and disciplining children and puppy, restyling gives me a little creative lift and makes me happy. I'll take it!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you restyled things Rachel so so cute and I agree sometimes it's the little things!! Also did you guys make that print of Grandpa Hayes on the Horse from Kyle's picture? If so I must get my hands on a copy too it's always been a fav...I need more details :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah! Bryan is planning to make prints of the horse photo. He just mentioned it the other day as he knows you all want a copy.

      Delete
  2. score!! thanks Rachel - can't wait that's going to be so fun…and I love it in your little vignette here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love watching the decorating unfold in your home...it kind of makes me want to move...but i guess i should just restyle my own house instead of starting over ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails