Sunday, April 13, 2014

Coconut Mojitos


I thought I would share one of my favorite cocktail recipes as the weather warms up here in the Pacific Northwest. I first had a Coconut Mojito of the virgin variety at a restaurant in Edmonds when I was pregnant with John. I tried to recreate it with canned coconut milk and coconut water, but those didn't work, although coconut syrup might do the trick. So I never perfected the virgin version, but the real deal is divine. Here is what you will need for one drink:

Ingredients:

  • Malibu Rum
  • 1 Lime
  • 6-10 mint leaves
  • Lemon Lime sparkling water (Talking Rain, Perrier, Pellegrino)


Directions:

Tear the mint leaves into small pieces to release the oil and toss them in a pint glass. Cut the lime in half, and cut one of the halves into four wedges. Put the wedges in the glass and muddle to release lime juice (if you don't have a muddler, the handle of a wooden spoon works). Fill the glass with ice. Pour the Malibu Rum in until it reaches an inch or inch and a half from the top of the glass. Using a citrus press or your hand, squeeze the other half lime into the glass. Top off with the sparkling water. Stir, and enjoy!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails